Run to Fat Buddies BBQ

Get out and do something!
zoom2xtn
Crossroads of Time
Crossroads of Time

Run to Fat Buddies BBQ

Post#1 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Come one, come all to the Fat Buddies run across Wayah road and back on SR 28 Friday afternoon. Meet at 4:00 pm depart at 4:30 sharp. This should not be confused with the Friday Morning Spirited Run. This will be a fun run at a fun pace, but not a fast, highly spirited run.

We will meet and cue up at the parking lot in front of the Fontana Village Wildwood Grille. We will then head out the back of Fontana Village across Rhymers Ferry Road and Meadow Branch Road. We will then head over to the Phillips Motel in beautiful downtown Robbinsville, NC to pick up some more cars there. At 5:30 sharp, we will then travel south on US 129 to 19 and 74, double back to Wayah road and run over to Franklin, NC.

Fat Buddies is good BBQ and we will most likely have our 30 to 50 cars rattling the windows through the valley by the river. This is not the fastest run as we keep it reasonable but it is a fun-run.

If anyone out there is interested, start getting your wishes known so we will have a count to pass on to Fat Buddies.

Here is a map of the planned route:
http://goo.gl/maps/yUWsC

Hope to see you there.

logo_small.gif
logo_small.gif (30.03 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
ZOOM 2X, the TN tag on my BR Performance supercharged, intercooled, Big Throttle Body, Emerald Mica, 2002 Miata, is pronounced "ZOOM-ZOOM"

DocH
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Re: Run to Fat Buddies BBQ

Post#2 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:40 pm

I plan to go on the Tellico Plains Bakery run (want my first Dragon Tail ride to be in daylight hours, lol) and, if we are back in time, would like to join the Fat Buddies run as well. Time will tell.

bladernr
Admin
Admin

Post#3 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:30 am

DocH wrote:I plan to go on the Tellico Plains Bakery run (want my first Dragon Tail ride to be in daylight hours, lol) and, if we are back in time, would like to join the Fat Buddies run as well. Time will tell.

If you're around early (Wed or Thursday) I'll run with you over the dragon during the day. That's actually, IMO, the better time to go during the week as there are far less people on the road than on the weekends, especially on event weekends. So more a chance of enjoying the trip over and back.

Also, I see your profile says you have a 2016 Launch Edition? :!: If that's true, how about you give ME a ride, :D

I imagine you are going to be quite popular that weekend.
"I drank what?" - Socrates

1991 SE British Racing Green
2007 Honda VTX1800C (Taming the Dragon with .2 extra Liters and 2 less wheels)

DocH
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Post#4 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:47 pm

Thx, blade. Unfortunately, I can't leave until Thursday AM (wife works Wed but has the rest of the week off) and it's about a 6 hour drive for me. And, of course, so far it's still a waiting game for the LE. Unloaded in Jacksonville yesterday and my dealer hopes to have it by the 18th. Would be glad to let you get behind the wheel if you want, my pleasure.

cwk269
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Post#5 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:28 pm

I will be staying at Phillips and meet up with you guys at 5:30.

ktmmotor
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Post#6 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:51 am

Kenny & Cindy Kirklen
1994 leguna blue
Going to Fat Buddies see you there

elmpops
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Post#7 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:43 am

Got to have some BBQ - the best! Count us in.
Ed & Shirley
Low Country Miata Club
Zeal Red 2014

Birdnlarry
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Post#8 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:57 pm

We'll meet you at Phillips Motel before 5:30 assuming we will be back in plenty of time from the 10:30 Bakery run.
:roll:
Pat & Larry
Foothills Miata Club,
Greenville, SC
2013 Liquid Silver

HighlandGreen08
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Post#9 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Need some Fat Buddies - Count us in!
Jim and Joanne
08 Highland Green
LCMC :dragon:

bumpy
The Overlook
The Overlook

Post#10 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:15 pm

See you Friday

MiataMomma
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Post#11 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:07 pm

Add 2 more for BBQ....yummy...can't wait! :lol:
Amy and Scott
Pendleton, SC
1991 white

Rzncain
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Post#12 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:45 am

Our first MATG, count us for two at the BBQ!

wollerd
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Post#13 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:36 am

Nine cars from the Abe Lincoln MC (17 souls on board) are up for some Fast Buddies BBQ!

jcspeed3
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Post#14 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:17 am

Mike and Tammy. 2014 white club. Count us in

Chiburbian
Tabcat Bridge
Tabcat Bridge

Post#15 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:40 pm

I'll be there. I am staying at the Microtel but I might head over to Fontana just to get the full experience. I have two in my party. 2001 Blue.

zoom2xtn
Crossroads of Time
Crossroads of Time

Re: Run to Fat Buddies BBQ --- AN APOLOGY

Post#16 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:17 pm

i REALLY SCREWED UP WHEN I LED THE 2015 FAT BUDDIES RUN AND I APOLOGIZE!! I have been on that run a couple of times but 2013 was the last time in quite a few years and I just followed the car ahead of me. Josh needed a leader and I volunteered. We Tennesseans do that! I told him I did not know the way. He sent me a Google map. I put it on my wife's iPad and thought we were set. When we got ready to leave I turned on the iPad and guess what I learned? NO CELL COVERAGE!! NO GOOGLE MAPS!! I made the run from Fontana to Phillips OK except I went too fast. Sorry. It was really fun though. What great roads. I could only see so far behind me due to the close curves and there were Miatas the whole way I could see, so I kept the pedal to the metal. Sorry again. Then, when I left Phillips I turned on my Garmin and it told me to head back north towards Fontana. (It was taking me to 143.) I knew I had some turns so I headed north. I doubted that so I turned around and headed south. I became unsure again so I did the second U-turn and then decided that had to be wrong so I stopped and let someone who knew the way take over the lead. I know he was from Atlanta but I did not get his name. I need to thank him in person. Anyway, he turned us back around going south for the second time and we finally got to Fat Buddies. See you next year. Lee Davis
ZOOM 2X, the TN tag on my BR Performance supercharged, intercooled, Big Throttle Body, Emerald Mica, 2002 Miata, is pronounced "ZOOM-ZOOM"

Return to “Events”