forum activity...

General chit chat and whatever doesn't belong someplace else.
hellion240sx
Crossroads of Time
Crossroads of Time

forum activity...

Post#1 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:20 pm

so i see we have 632 members on this forum... how can we get this place more active with members. i am a part of a few other forums, and this one just isn't as big. greanted it's only for an annual gathering. but i noticed that some people that were at the gap this year didn't know about this site. and i was just wondering how to get more members or activity on here. some people post questions and never get an answer... i am not too involved with miata clubs (yet) maybe a letter to the club presidents from the admins here? that way we can all be on the same page when we go out there again. just a random thing i was thinking about. discuss :)
Blackout - 05 MSM

Swingdancr
Web Page Czar
Web Page Czar

Re: forum activity...

Post#2 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:15 am

I've been after more traffic on this site since I started helping back in 2004. I have since been given the website name, and currently pay to keep the lights on here.

I'm open to any and all suggestions for increasing the traffic, and also open to any and all people willing to help. :D
Josh and Missy
Staying in Fontana
Driving the infamous Crabbycar

hellion240sx
Crossroads of Time
Crossroads of Time

Post#3 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:28 am

what do you think about the idea of emailing the presidents of some miata clubs. or like a club check-in? contests, group buys, a for sale section. maybe some more vendors? :popcorn:
Blackout - 05 MSM

Swingdancr
Web Page Czar
Web Page Czar

Post#4 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Let's see...

Contests: I did a scavenger hunt last year with over $400 in prizes and had a whopping 4 people turn in entry forms. Prizes ranged from a free place to stay for the weekend, to an ELK intake from DDM Works, to free dinner for two. Had a total of 6 prizes and sent 2 of them back since nobody else entered.

Never explored group buys....

There is a for sale section, but I've had it limited to what people would bring to the Gap with them. Guess I could open it up.

I've contacted as many possible vendors as I could. Had three vendors not show up this year that were scheduled to be there. I'm trying to get some more support for next year, the 15th anniversary.

I do need to send information to club presidents, but it's just a matter of time at this point.
Josh and Missy
Staying in Fontana
Driving the infamous Crabbycar

yoARKiV
Fontana Village
Fontana Village

Post#5 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:37 am

May not help too much in the immediate, but maybe next year someone could go to VistaPrint and get some cheap business cards made up with the site address and the logo and so forth, place them on the sign in table at Fontana, have a few people distribute some, etc... Pretty sure you can get 500 2-sided cards with custom graphics printed for around 25-30 bucks shipped. Good for getting the word out and if people grab a few they can easily spread the word in the "oh, I've never been to the site" situation.

Also, have you considered Google AdSense or AdWords as a possibility to offset website costs?
The MATG Beer Guy
Official "ARKiV's Gap Attack!" Website: http://yoarkiv.com/arkiv/GA/
ARKiV's Gap Attack! Photo Page
ARKiV's Gap Attack! Video Page
My Picasa Photo Gallery from MATG XVI

f86sabjf
Crossroads of Time
Crossroads of Time

Post#6 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:11 pm

I know i pass out miata.net cards to other miata people. They have a design set up for business cards on there site you can download and print off of your printer. I would be more than happy to hand out 2 cards.

Return to “Off-topic”