Cool Breeze Scoop

Swingdancr
Web Page Czar
Web Page Czar

Cool Breeze Scoop

Post#1 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:29 pm

Cool Breeze Scoop

Click Logo Below to Visit Website:

Do you find yourself hot and uncomfortable even though the top is down? Are you constantly trying to scoop in air with your hand from above the windshield or through the window? The Cool Breeze Scoop you will have fresh outside air being forced in over the console and into the foot wells and cooling you below the waist. The Cool Breeze Scoop is an easy-on/easy-off accessory that take less then 10 seconds to install and fits easily in your glove box when not in use. The Cool Breeze Scoop is molded from an automotive ABS/Polycarbonate composite plastic. It is non-reflective black with a textured finish. It can be primed and painted in a color of your choice with flexible bumper paint, but looks great the way it is delivered.
Josh and Missy
Staying in Fontana
Driving the infamous Crabbycar

bladernr
Admin
Admin

Post#2 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:40 am

Glad they were at MATG XI... I got my scoop there and love it! Figured I would kick off some CB love. So come next year, get a scoop from these guys.

Of course, for the interests of objectivity, I do have to say that the first day my scoop picked up TWO bumble bees on the blue ridge parkway (hehehee) and tonight it snagged a wayward bat that swooped just a little too close to the car.

But on the other hand, even when the temp outside is 105 like it has been in Raleigh these last few days, the scoop keeps a steady stream of air blowing into the foot wells that keeps them from getting to be stuffy and hot.

This is definitely in the top 3 list of things I have bought for my Miata.

MrCrabby
Crossroads of Time
Crossroads of Time

Post#3 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:46 am

COOL,

i woulda loved to have had a bat follow me home.
Is my glass half full or, half empty?

I don't really care. All I know is I'm gonna have to wash another friggin' glass.

Shinsen774

Post#4 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:59 pm

We've had one Bumblebee and one Japanese Beetle pass through ours. When the bee came in it was sort of fun to watch my wife hopping around over there in the passenger seat. Score Wife-1, Bumblebee-0

Ragtop Girl
Gap Mistress
Gap Mistress

Post#5 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:46 pm

I thought there was a bug screen mod available? :?:
Stef

Wizco
Fontana Village
Fontana Village

Post#6 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Bug screen yes. A way to keep the thing attached to the car that really works, no.

I just lost the 3rd one that I've owned blowing off on the interstate. :cry:

Great idea, but the little scotchguard thingies just don't cut it. Anybody out there find a way to keep them attached?

Swingdancr
Web Page Czar
Web Page Czar

Post#7 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:22 am

I've never had a single problem with mine. I'll attest that they will hold on up to 90 no wait.... 55 mph! :D

But then again, mine was installed by the guy that designed and sells them.
Josh and Missy
Staying in Fontana
Driving the infamous Crabbycar

phinz
Chief Instigator
Chief Instigator

Post#8 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:44 am

The biggest issue most people have is not making sure the post that goes in the gaskets are fully seated. I've noticed myself not doing this and had to reset it to make sure it didn't blow off.
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

Wizco
Fontana Village
Fontana Village

Post#9 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:54 pm

After losing the first one, I was pretty paranoid about making sure everything was seated. Ditto on numbers 2 and 3.

I think my problem is the velcro like pads wear out after a while. Since the Uber install, AC goes from high temps to overheating in 20 minutes of highway driving, so the scoop is pretty useful, when it stays put.

If I spring for another one, I need to figure out some kind of safety chain kind of thing. Somehwere out there on the highways of Western PA, I've got a hundred bucks worth of plastic getting run over. :shock:

topdnfun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post#10 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:53 am

How about a short length of picture hanger wire that hooks around the post of the rear view mirror somehow?

The problem I was having with mine was that the plastic would leave black marks in the paint when I put it on and took it off. I was tilting it forward when taking it on and off when I shouldn't have been. Now I rest the rod on the gasket with the scoop about 1.5 inches to the right of center, put my left fingertips on the left end of the rod and my right fingertips on the right end of the rod, then press the rod into the gasket as I slide it to the left. You can tell when the rod is in all the way because the scoop slides more easily with the rod at the bottom of the gasket.

There's some good information in this thread on m.net.
Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.

Bond, James Bond
Crossroads of Time
Crossroads of Time

Post#11 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:23 am

I got my cool breeze scoop at MMG 2006. I added a 1/8 inch air conditioner screen cut to fit the front and have never had a bee or have grass come thru it again. When it gets dirty just rinse it out and go again. AA++ I highly recommend this low $ add-on. :drive:
Last edited by Bond, James Bond on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bond, James Bond
and Bond Girl Leslie
95 Classic Red with tow behind Party Barge
04 Mazda Speed Velocity Red Mica

zoom2xtn
Crossroads of Time
Crossroads of Time

Re: Cool Breeze Scoop

Post#12 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:35 am

I've never had a problem with mine. I think the key is getting the rod firmly in the groove.

Lee
ZOOM 2X, the TN tag on my BR Performance supercharged, intercooled, Big Throttle Body, Emerald Mica, 2002 Miata, is pronounced "ZOOM-ZOOM"

Rogue
The Overlook
The Overlook

Post#13 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:36 am

I too have been using mine since they came out and No problems.
Well the Gap sticker I had on it fell off. :wink:

I plan to get Briar a CoolB and a few more gel Gap Stickers this year. :twisted:
Driving directions to Fontana Village, NC.......923 mi – about 15 hours 4 mins

yoARKiV
Fontana Village
Fontana Village

Post#14 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:19 am

This does look like a really nifty little add-on. I will definitely have to track this guy down.
The MATG Beer Guy
Official "ARKiV's Gap Attack!" Website: http://yoarkiv.com/arkiv/GA/
ARKiV's Gap Attack! Photo Page
ARKiV's Gap Attack! Video Page
My Picasa Photo Gallery from MATG XVI

bladernr
Admin
Admin

Post#15 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:22 pm

You'll never understand HOW you ever drove a Miata in the summer without it... it is by far the best Miatabucks I've ever spent... well, except for the money I spent to buy my second NA... :drive:
"I drank what?" - Socrates

1991 SE British Racing Green
2007 Honda VTX1800C (Taming the Dragon with .2 extra Liters and 2 less wheels)

psbjames70
Fontana Village
Fontana Village

Post#16 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:45 am

Will you have some extra velcro for the scoop. Mine just melted off over this summer and though I can use the scoop, it rattles. Regular velcro doesn't work either, you must have some kind of magic velcro!

James
2008 Special Edition MX-5 with Mazdaspeed Sways, Shocks, and Springs
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3113/245 ... e2ba_o.jpg

zoom2xtn
Crossroads of Time
Crossroads of Time

Post#17 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:20 pm

psbjames

go to Wal-Mart and buy some industrial strength velcro -- it comes in a small box with both the hooks and the loops -- just cut to size and stick on

Lee
ZOOM 2X, the TN tag on my BR Performance supercharged, intercooled, Big Throttle Body, Emerald Mica, 2002 Miata, is pronounced "ZOOM-ZOOM"

Return to “Vendors”